Lawrence Okolie Takes The Vacant Wbo Cruiserweight Title By Stopping Krzysztof Glowacki
Głowacki lost the WBO cruiserweight championship against undefeated Ukrainian boxer Oleksandr Usyk (9-zero, 9 KOs) on 17 September 2016 on the Ergo Arena in Gdańsk, Poland. On the night, Usyk outpointed Głowacki after an thrilling twelve-spherical fight with the judges scoring it 119–109, 117–111, and 117–111 all in Usyk’s favour. On sixteen April 2016, he defended the WBO cruiserweight title by unanimous decision ( , a hundred and fifteen–109, ) towards Steve Cunningham. Cunningham was down twice in the second-round and once in tenth and twelfth. On 31 January 2015, Głowacki gained WBO European cruiserweight title by unanimous determination ( , and ) towards Nuri Seferi (36-6, 20 KOs) at Torun, Poland.
Glowacki – 34 and only crushed twice by Oleksandr Usyk and Mairis Briedis beforehand – simply had no answer. Those who again Okolie speak of the awkwardness his big body causes opponents and believe he will go on to show a menace at heavyweight. But Okolie’s work ethic within the health club and want to enhance have impressed and a run of slicker shows thrust him into a world-title fight that he dominated from start to end. A pinpoint proper ended issues, giving Okolie, 28, his first world title. He began unloading his proper hand in the fourth and seemed completely comfortable in opposition to a former world champion.
How Long Has Glowacki Been Fighting?
Ordinary people are not failures as a result of they have not gained a boxing world title. Shame the presenters & commentators on Sky had to go on about his past job ‘flipping burgers,’ though. “Okolie is enhancing all the time, it’s solely going to go power to power. Long range, devastating power. I’m wanting forward to some huge fights for him.” “It’s essential that I become considered one of Britain’s finest cruiserweights and I have the chance to try this. This was a great win but there are more exams forward.” In just his 16th professional battle, Okolie used his height and attain to never permit Poland’s Glowacki close.
- Next the referee did not hear the bell and Glowacki was punched by Briedis which was scored as a knockdown for Briedis.
- He’s boxed a total of 199 rounds, that means his skilled fights last 5.9 rounds on common.
- During the bout after the bell, which was not heard by a referee, a number of the Briedis’ crew entered the ring.
- Such a lazy phrase; supposed to inspire but as a substitute dismissive & disrespectful towards a lot of hardworking individuals.
- It seems to me that some of the comments right here have been posted by individuals who have consumed several alcoholic beverages.
- London’s Okolie, who strikes to together with his maiden world title win, had been written off by many as a tough fighter to watch but placed on a mesmerising, inch-perfect show in opposition to his toughest opponent to date.
Glowacki’s layoff was prolonged after he examined positive for the coronavirus in December, causing his battle with Okolie to be pushed again three months. “We wish to go straight for all of the titles and unify after which move up to heavyweight,” Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn stated. Now he has his first world title in his sixteenth skilled contest. Anyway, I’d definitely say CBS did enough to win, but I’m guessing the judges scored the last four rounds primarily based completely on assumptions.